Corporate Sous Chef - Chicago, IL
Are up for a culinary adventure of a lifetime? If you are outgoing, energetic, engaging and PASSIONATE about food, this is the job for you!
Apply for this position »
V&V Supremo Foods, Inc. is a well-established, leading manufacturer and distributor of premium quality authentic Mexican style food products including: cheeses, crema, chorizo and other products for retail and the food service industry nationwide. Headquartered in Chicago, the company is building the organization to support an exciting growth strategy.
We have created a new position to support our creative culinary team! We are seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) Corporate Sous Chef! This position will be providing kitchen support; responsible for assisting the cooking specialist in the preparation of recipes. This individual will participate in company created video-clips and photo shoots to promote products. In addition, the Corporate Sous Chef will assist the creative team with off-camera activities such as set-up, purchasing, recipe research and development, cleaning & sanitation and other activities as required.
- Assist cooking specialist with performing cooking demonstrations on camera.
- Assist with all set-up and pre-filming activities. Assist with food prep prior to filming.
- Assist with post filming break down process.
- Maintain dynamic engagement and interaction with kitchen assistant while on camera.
- Assist with recipe research and development
- Retain product knowledge and educate consumers through company approved social media outlets (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Assist in and manage special projects as assigned by the chef and managers.
Qualifications and Essential Functions
- Fluent English/Spanish
- Experience working in culinary arts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; comfortable in front of a camera.
- Outgoing, energetic and engaging personality
- Responsible and able to meet deadlines on a consistent basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the aptitude to work well under stressful situations.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficiency with MS Suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and internet research.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years culinary experience combined with a culinary arts degree OR a minimum of 5 years direct culinary experience if no degree.
TO APPLY-ONLY APPLICATIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING WILL BE CONSIDERED.
•2.) AUDITION VIDEO FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS INCLUDED BELOW
- § 5 minute video (YouTube or QuickTime) food demo preparing "Enchiladas Morelianas"
- § PLEASE EMBED THE VIEWABLE LINK INTO YOUR RESUME
ENTRIES NOT INCLUDING THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE OPENED.
ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE RESUME WITH LINK EMBEDDED WITHIN.